What is 3D Secure?
- 3D Secure is the security protocol for authentication services used in online credit and debit card transactions.
- 3D Secure is mandated the Payment Association of South Africa (PASA) for all eCommerce merchants.
- 3D Secure is sometimes known as Verified by Visa, MasterCard SecureCode or Amex Safekey.
Why do we use 3D Secure?
- 3D Secure provides an extra layer of security for online transactions.
- Prevents unauthorised transactions using your credit card. Your bank will send you an OTP (One Time Password/PIN) or send you some form of verification for the transaction before the transaction can be processed.
How does 3D Secure work?
The name 3D Secure comes from the way it works.
It is based on a three-domain verification model.
The three domains are:
- Issuer Domain (Your bank)
- Acquirer Domain (Our bank)
- Interoperability Domain (the card issuers themselves e.g. VISA and MasterCard)
The messages are sent using an SSL encryption, keeping your data safe during the online transaction.
Our site is secured with 256 bit SSL encryption.
What does this mean for you?
Any transaction that you make on our site using your credit or debit card is secure and verified by you before the transaction is completed.
Let us know if you have any questions about 3D Secure 😄