The D6 School Communicator is widely used by parents and learners in schools across South Africa. It allows parents and learners to view helpful notifications and calendar dates for planned school events by giving you access to a space where you can view your school-related events in one place.
We wanted to make it just as simple to see our planned dates and other notifications in the same space. This is why we have set ourselves up as a school on the D6 Communicator making it more convenient and accessible for you to make note of any dates and reminders.
Steps for adding Advantage Learn.
Downloading the D6 School Communicator application. If you don’t already have the D6 School Communicator for your learner, you can download the application from the App Store or Google Play.
- Search for 'D6 School Communicator'
- Download the free D6 School Communicator application
- You will then be asked whether your school can send you notifications, select ‘allow.’
- Fill in your name and email address in the required fields and then select ‘register.’
- Create a profile for yourself and add login details by following the set-up process.
- Select ‘Advantage Learn’ as a school and then continue.
- You will then be asked to choose your country.
- Next, you will need to search for Advantage Learn in the search bar and click on ‘Advantage Learn’ followed by ‘Next’.
- Finally, you can choose a free subscription plan before clicking ‘Next.’
By doing this, you will be notified of changes to workshops and you will get access to the Advantage Learn calendar to plan your term ahead of time.
Adding Advantage Learn as a school on your existing D6 School Communicator account
If you already have the D6 Communicator, you can add us as a school to follow in addition to the school(s) you are currently following. Here’s how:
- Go to the menu by clicking on the icon in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Then click on the ‘select schools’ option in the menu.
- Select ‘Advantage Learn’ as a school and then continue by clicking ‘next.’
You will now be notified of changes to workshops and you will get access to the Advantage Learn calendar in addition to the existing school(s). This will allow you to plan your term ahead of time and work around your existing school timetable(s).
Please ask our support team if you have any questions.